Half Birthday

Samantha has never had a birthday party with friends because her birthday is on Christmas Eve and well, it's just a busy time of year for everyone.  We decided to have a half birthday party instead and Samantha was happy to be able to invite her friends over for some fun. We didn't stress too much about activities or decorations.  Really, it was like a playdate with cake and a pinata.  The only stress I felt was because Sam had only invited friends from school and I was nervous about having to communicate with them.

After her friends had all arrived we laid out markers and stickers on the table with some brown paper bags so they could decorate their goody bags for the pinata later.  Once they had completed their masterpieces we went outside to play.  They rode bikes and scooters, hula hooped, played red light green light and sardines, and just basically had fun together.  Even Madison got in on the fun and showed off her hula hoop skills.



Dinner has been served at every party Sam has been invited to this year and at every party the dinner was the same - chicken nuggets and french fries.  I had assumed that Samantha would want to follow the pack so I was surprised when she requested tacos for dinner at her party.  I wasn't sure if her friends would try or even like tacos.  They were a little hesitant, but I just showed them what to do and everyone happily ate a taco or two.  For dessert Sam asked for doughnut cake - the easiest cake ever.  



After cake it was time for presents.  Sam got some interesting things, I was especially surprised to see her pull a picture of Jesus and rosary beads out of one gift bag!  Yeah, we're not especially Catholic at our house.


Happy half birthday Samantha!

Comments

  1. What a grand idea. Looks like everyone had fun. Sammy appears to be delighted with her special day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a great job with your blog and keep up with it so well! I need to be better, I love your sewing stuff, you are so talented! Your girls are so cute and growing up so fast! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades