Books vs Movies
November 21 - I think the picture for today speaks for itself. Jared was nice enough to take me to see Catching Fire and it was so good. I don't want to do a movie review here, but it was really enjoyable and even though it was rather long at 2.5 hours, it didn't seem long. But then, the intermission that the German theater puts in longer films makes long movies seem shorter. Also, I know that everyone and their brother will likely go see this movie, whether or not I give it my two thumbs up!
I really loved the Hunger Games books, but as Jared likes to say, books ruin movies. What he means by that is that often after reading a book you can't enjoy the movie as much. Sometimes that's because things are changed or left out for the movie, other times it's because you already know what's going to happen, but for me it's mostly because the movies never quite live up to what I had pictured while reading the book. Part of what made this movie so great was that I didn't feel that way about it. Even though it wasn't exactly like the book, it still drew me in just as much as the book did. The same parts of the book and movie made me cry, laugh, and sit up in anticipation of what was going to happen next. I'd love to hear what you think - Books or movies or both?
P.S. Anyone know where I can buy/how to make this amazing sweater?


I absolutely love when they make a book to a movie work. I love the first HG movie, but still love to read the book as well. They are both so good, and don't detract from each other. I feel the same way about the Harry Potter movies, and Lord of the Rings. However I have found, most book to movie adaptions are poorly done (Twilight, and the newest Mortal Instruments) and they can ruin it, so I'm always a little hesitant to see the film, if I love the book. I'm so glad to hear that Catching Fire was good, I can't wait to see it!
ReplyDelete