Daily Duties and Daily Bread
November 19 - I stumbled across this quote the other day on a sewing website I read from time to time and it really stuck with me. As a mom so much of my day is filled with plain, common (even mundane and repetitive) work. There are times when I can't stand the mundane tasks of housekeeping - washing dishes that are just going to get dirty again, folding clothes, packing lunches, picking up the same toys over and over. Every. Single. Day. However, for the most part I love the simple daily tasks that make up my life.
Jared and I were talking earlier this week about this a little bit and I struggled to articulate my thoughts and feelings about how I feel about my duties here at home. Basically, I really love being a mom and keeping house. I feel a sense of fulfillment when our home and family are running well. There's something that makes me happy when the house is picked up, the laundry is done, and dinner is simmering away on the stove. I'm even happier when Jared and the girls feel loved and taken care of because I took the time to make their lives easier in some way. For me, it really is one of the sweetest things in life.

Thanks for this, something I needed to hear.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't have articulated my feelings of my life any better! Love you!
ReplyDelete