March Madness

This post is overdue and poorly titled; I guess it is a testament to how busy April was that it's taken me until May to write about things that happened in March.  Spring is volleyball season for the middle school girls in our house.  This was Emily's third year and Abigail's first and I think they both had a really good time.  Their team did well and since winning is fun that made for a great season. 



Emily has improved every season and was happy that she was able to more consistently get her overhand serves over the net this year.  I think the biggest compliment she received this season was being told that she has "nice hands" which is a big deal in volleyball.  You need to have strong hands to set the ball but they can't be too rigid either. Apparently it's a fine line between too much and not enough and Emily has figured out how to strike the right balance.



I think volleyball was a little less fun for Abigail just because it was her first year and she was sometimes frustrated that she wasn't as good as Emily.  Still, she played well and got better at serving, bumping, and setting as the season progressed.  We're hoping her new school next year will have a volleyball club so she can continue to play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades