Abigail's Birthday Season
I have loved writing birthday posts this year because it's given me a chance to look back and see how our kids have changed and grown. When you see them every day it's easy to miss the little things that make them special and unique at that point in time and how they aren't quite the same person they were even one year before. Since our things are currently inside a crate that's on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean I can't find pictures of Abigail from the last twelve (eek!) years. I have photos going back as far as about 2007, but nothing earlier than that and since Abigail was a pretty cute little toddler and infant I'll just skip the trip back in time for this one birthday.
Abigail was lucky enough, or unlucky enough depending how you look at things, to have her birthday fall on our busiest weekend in recent history. On the actual big day we had both a ballet recital dress rehearsal and a Young Women camp fundraiser (at the same time, no less!) The next day was a Stake Youth Activity, two soccer games, a meeting with the Primary General President, and the ballet recital. We ended up celebrating Abigail over several days - presents late, late in the evening on her birthday, cake on Sunday after church, and dinner and a movie with just mom and dad a few days after that. Being her wonderful self, Abigail mostly rolled with it and wasn't too upset that her birthday wasn't our only focus and activity.
![]() |
| Make up! She wasn't sure if she wanted make up or not, but it's a twelfth birthday tradition so she got some anyway. |
Abigail is always ready for a picture and is even willing to recreate a moment if I've missed one of her many fun faces. I think she was excited about all of her presents this year, especially about the new Sambas that she's been begging for since she outgrew her old ones. She loved her old ones so much that she repeatedly rescued them from the trash after I would throw them away because they were at least two sizes too small.
Abigail's moods are typically up and down and for whatever reason she wasn't super excited about blowing out the candles and having cake.
When I mentioned that she looked less than thrilled about having birthday cake this is the look I got. It's hard to tell behind her amazing bangs, but her eyes are saying, "Whatever, Mom." That's right, I speak teenager - well, pre-teen anyway.
Happy Birthday Abigail - we love you!






Comments
Post a Comment