4 Sick Kids in 2 Weeks

Day 23 - Healthwise, it's been a rough couple of weeks at the Moran house. It started with Natalie, then jumped to Madison (but luckily in a much milder form), then Samantha got sick, and finally Emily succumbed to the mystery virus.  Unfortunately for Emily, she got hit the worst and has been looking pretty much like this . . .


. . . for the last four days. I think she's has eaten only two or three times since Saturday and has only been awake for about six hours of each day. Usually when our kids are sick I take a wait and see approach and hope that they will gradually start feeling better. It seems as if when I do take them to the doctor we just get told to keep doing what we're doing. Rest, fluids, tylenol as needed, etc. For some reason those things haven't been working for Emily. Instead of feeling a little better each day she's been feeling worse.

So I finally tried to get her in to see a physician today to see if this is more than just a bad cold and if we could get her some relief.  It took an hour on the phone to figure things out between our insurance and her doctor and in the end we just were told to go to an urgent care clinic. But the clinic our insurance told me to go to no longer exists so we ended up at the ER instead. Three hours later we left with no official diagnosis and a prescription for a Z-Pak that will hopefully knock this illness out. Hey, it's not Thanksgiving without at least one sick family member right?

Comments

  1. Oh Dear I hope she gets better fast. No fun being sick for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades