Home Sick

Day 12 - Natalie woke up feeling a little under the weather today so I decided to keep her home from school. She was complaining that she was seeing spots and that she had a stomachache that started at the top of her head and went all the way down to her toes. Sort of strange symptoms, but she seemed to be sincere. After about a half hour I started to wonder if I'd made the right call because she was pretty much her normal self. So I set her to work on her weekly homework packets since if she wasn't going to be at school she should at least be doing some school work, right? I felt bad for doubting her when she ran to the bathroom twenty minutes later and threw up.  At least it helped her to feel better for a little while. She went back to her homework and finished all of her work for the rest of the week. Once that was completed she wanted to play with Barbies in her room so I sent her off to play while I vacuumed the basement. When I came back upstairs it was strangely quiet so I tiptoed down the hall to find Natalie asleep on her floor.

Am I am bad Mom because I stopped to take a picture before carrying Natalie to her bed?
It's not as easy as it used to be to pick Natalie up and carry her to bed. I guess while I wasn't looking she got bigger. She slept for three hours and only woke up because I needed her to and then slept for another 5 hours. Natalie finally woke up around dinner time but she is still complaining that she hurts from her head to her feet and that her legs won't do what she wants them to - it sounds as if she's trying to describe being dizzy.  It looks like we're headed to the doctor tomorrow to see what's going on with the littlest Moran!

Comments

  1. Aww! Sweet Natalie! I hope she feels better soon. Tell her that we will pray for her. & don't forget to ask her if she would like a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades