Lunar Loveliness

Day 6 - As lovely as it is, I can't take credit for today's picture. Nothing jumped out at me today that I wanted to take a photo of until I left the house after dark to drive to the school and pick up Madison from marching band practice and I saw the amazing moon in the sky. Unfortunately, my stinky little camera doesn't take good pictures really at all and especially not of distant nighttime scenery.

Image source:  http://earthsky.org/tonight

So I got home and asked Google about tonight's moon. What I found out is that tonight's moon is special because it's not your regular full moon, but something called the Frosty Moon or the Beaver Moon. This full moon in November follows the path of the sun in early May and travels across the sky from dusk to dawn. No matter what the story is behind the moon tonight, I was grateful to see it's amazing beauty on my drive. Was the moon as beautiful in your sky tonight?

Comments

  1. I noticed it here too driving home from dinner, it was beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades