New Year's Eve

A few days before the New Year Jared mentioned that we could have a bonfire on New Year's Eve. Natalie jumped at the idea and would not let it go so we definitely had to have the bonfire. I wasn't sure how we were going to make it happen since Jared was scheduled to work that evening and I stink at making fires, but then Jared called around 6:30 to say he was on his way home and the plans for a fire were a go. Hooray!

At first the only person who was really excited about the whole thing was Natalie, but the rest of the girls warmed up (figuratively and literally) and started to have fun after a little while.

See the fun they're having? All it takes is some fire and a little bit of silliness.
This is my new favorite picture of our lovely Madison
I snapped this photo of Emily, Samantha, and Natalie right after they finished up a pretty epic fire dance that included shouting in both Japanese and English. I felt bad for our poor neighbors.
Abigail felt kind of sad that she missed out on the fire dance
My new favorite picture of me and our sweet Samantha
One of our favorite things about New Year's in Germany was the fireworks and we were all pretty bummed to think that there wouldn't be any fireworks this year. While we were talking about our favorite New Year's memories (remember the year Dad burned a hole in the trampoline with the UFO firework?) we realized that this wasn't our first New Year's away from Germany. It's actually been two years since we have had a German New Year's Eve. Last year Jared was on an airplane flying back from Ethan's wedding in the States and the girls and I were celebrating in Italy with my parents. We all decided that the sparks from the bonfire were going to have to be enough fireworks for us this year. 


2014 was definitely a year of change and adventure for our family and we are excited to see what 2015 brings our way. Happy New Year!

Comments

  1. We had an awesome fire pit in the back yard, some really great memories there and I never burned anything I wasn't suppose to burn :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades