Shout Hooray!
Jared had a birthday, shout hooray! We were lucky enough to have Jared home for his entire birthday this year. He had taken some time off work and the girls were enjoying their spring break so we had the whole day together. Any day we can spend together as a family is a great one so adding a birthday to the fun makes for an amazing day!
We started off the day with steak and eggs, the breakfast Jared has been asking me to make him for the last eighteen plus years. For his forty-first birthday, that wish finally came true! The eggs were yummy but the steak wasn't so great; next time we'll go with a better cut of meat.
The rest of the day was spent mostly being lazy with a little bit of bathroom renovation throw in for good measure. Jared really is the best - I don't know of any other person who would be willing to spend part of their birthday setting up sawhorses, cutting baseboard, and listening to their wife complain about the mess all that work brings without doing a little complaining of his own.
Before we headed out for a BBQ dinner we opened presents! The girls had had fun picking out gifts for him the day before and were excited to see his reaction when he opened them.
| Natalie just wanted to get Jared Reese's Cups but I convinced her to throw in some of his favorite soda as well |
| Jared is an April Fool's Day baby and the girls really got into the spirit of pulling pranks this year; Emily thought it would be hilarious to wrap up her gift for Jared in a tampon box |
| A new board game from Samantha. I'm not sure Jared has played it yet, but the girls have really enjoyed it! |
| And a date night from me! Kind of a self serving gift, I know... |
Every day with this guy is a day that makes me want to shout hooray His patience, leadership, and ability to make me laugh are some of the things I most love about Jared. Jared tries to hide it, but he really is a sweet, kind man and the girls and I are absolutely blessed to have him at the head of our family. Happy birthday Jared and may all of your dreams come true!
All my dreams did come true,
ReplyDeleteWhen I married you!
Sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday again Jared my friend! this is John
ReplyDelete