Good Afternoon

It's Madison's senior year and she has a sweet school schedule. Half days every day baby! It's great for her to be able to get her required classes out of the way and then hit the road instead of filling the rest of her day with electives she's doesn't need or even want to take. Her schedule does require me to pick her up at lunch time every day because she can't yet drive on her own and we still need to buy her a car. But once those two things fall into place she'll really be living the life.

I know Madison loves her schedule, and surprisingly enough, I love it as well.  It's really fun to have her around every afternoon.  We run errands, watch TV, take naps, and talk about life.  She's my afternoon sidekick and it reminds me so much of when she was a toddler and she and I spent our days together running errands, watching TV, taking naps, and talking about life. 

Post-run selfie with my new running buddy Madison. Our not very lofty goal is to log 50 miles together in September.
As we're counting down this last year before Madison leaves for college I'm feeling especially grateful for Madison's new schedule and the chance we have to spend our afternoons together. I think it's going to be a great opportunity for us to really have some fun and deepen our relationship before she leaves the nest. Bring on the rest of Madison's senior year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades