Be Kind or Be Quiet
Our Abigail is beautiful inside and out. As the oft-forgotten middle child in our family she sometimes gets the short end of the stick. In addition to being beautiful she's also a little bit of a button pusher - probably because she wants some attention - so she gets more than her fair share of us being annoyed with her and honestly, not always being very kind to her. She's definitely our family scapegoat and has been for quite some time. I don't want Abigail to feel as if her family doesn't love having her around because the thing is, Abigail is a really fantastic girl and even when she's being a little annoying she's still a sweetheart. So I've been trying lately to remember that our cute little button pusher is nothing short of amazing and that I need to treat her as such. So when I'm tempted to be unkind, impatient, or just plain mean I remind myself of the wonder that is Abigail and try to figure out why she might be acting out. Then it's easier to speak with kindness which always makes life better instead of worse.
Look at that face! It's definitely a face that says, "be sweet to me and say nice things" right? So here's to our Abigail. To her sweetness, her craziness, her loveliness, and her all around greatness. I'm so happy she's my girl.

Comments
Post a Comment