Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day the one thing I wanted was to get a good picture with the whole family. Even though our kids are older now, it's still sometimes tricky to find that one perfect shot where we're all looking good. Madison perpetually has her eyes shut or is just looking slightly to the left of the camera. Natalie is so cute in person, but is in the awkward stage where her smile looks so unnatural in photos. Plus, like Madison, she struggles with looking at the camera. Add to that the challenge of finding a picture where I'm happy with how I look and it's a tall order. Still, I was determined and since it was Mother's Day I couldn't be denied! After dinner we headed out to the deck and did our very best to take that one decent picture.

This was as close as we got to perfect and Madison's eyes were still closed! 

Jared's mom was visiting for the weekend and she kindly stepped into the role of photographer for us 
In the end, my favorite picture of the day was one that we didn't even plan on taking and that kind of captures one thing that I love about motherhood - sisterly love!


Sometimes moments like these seem few and far between, but it brings me joy to see our girls just being together and loving each other.  Nothing else can bring as much joy and sometimes as much broken heartedness as motherhood. Seeing these three together on Mother's Day was the perfect reminder of how sweet being a mom can be and how much I love my life with our five amazing girls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades