Christmas Eve 2016
Like many families, it's our Christmas Eve tradition to have a little program where our kids reenact the Nativity and we sing songs and read the story of Christ's birth. This year I left it in the kid's hands and they came up with something a little different. A dance off - Emily and Natalie vs. Abigail and Samantha - and some singing with Madison at the piano and Natalie conducting. Jared missed the reading of Luke 2 and the Nativity play so we added that in as well. It's nice to have big kids who can plan and put together things like this without much interference from their parents.
In the week leading up to Christmas Eve these three would gather in Abigail's room to practice, a cappella, the songs they were preparing. It warmed my heart to hear them singing together all week. Abigail's red cheeks are a remnant of the wooden soldier dance routine she and Samantha performed. Cute, right?
One of the girls favorite activities is practicing and performing dance routines together. One of Emily's goals for life is to become B-list famous so she can be on Dancing With the Stars. Sometime they mix up the partnerships, but Emily and Natalie are always a winning combination!
Our other Christmas Eve tradition is Christmas pajamas. Easy, cute, and Christmas morning picture ready make this tradition a winner in my book!

That was so fun to watch! Good job girls!
ReplyDeleteThanks Becca! I loved hearing them practicing behind closed doors in the week leading up to Christmas Eve.
DeleteWhat fun! I miss your family! I enjoy keeping up with you on your blog.
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys as well! I appreciate your reading and commenting, it always makes me smile!
Delete