Day One

Oh man, we're getting so close to the end of the month and I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the first year EVER I've actually written a post every. single. day. Yay me! In the past, I've either skipped days and just let it slide or I've skipped days and then tried to make up for it by posting multiple times in one day. This year we're three posts away from perfection in my November challenge. Maybe I can take that perfection and success and use it as motivation to be as perfect as possible with other goals I've set?

Yesterday Emily and Abigail came home from working out with their soccer friends and told me that they've decided they need to go on a diet. We had a little discussion about the purpose of diets (to lose weight) and the fact that neither one of those skinny girls needs to lose any weight. They explained that it wasn't a diet really, but just a goal to eat more healthfully. Which is an admirable goal, right? Pretty much every member of the Moran household has terrible eating habits. We eat way too much sugar and other junk and not nearly enough fruits and vegetables. I'm all for them making changes and trying to break the unhealthy habits I've helped them develop.

They've invited me to join them in their healthy eating endeavors, ugh. I have no self-control when it comes to food that is bad for me. I'll eat chocolate until I feel sick just because it's there. Nevertheless, I agreed to give it a go because what do I have to lose except the extra weight that I don't like anyway. Today was day one and it didn't go so well.


Jared mailed the girls each an advent calendar. And behind each door on the calendars is a little chocolate. However, Natalie has a Lego Friends advent calendar so I rationalized that she didn't need her chocolate filled one. I ate every last piece even though the chocolate is the cheap waxy tasting junk. And then I felt like a loser.


So a chocolate binge isn't the worst thing in the world but when you add it to the whopper junior and fries I had for lunch, it wasn't a great day one. The only positives? I did work out, I ate one piece of fruit, and I had a big plate of salad with dinner. Oh, and I wasn't the only one struggling to break old habits today. This is what Emily had for her after-school snack:


We definitely need all the help we can get - wish us luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades