Getting to the Bottom of Things
I can't believe I'm posting this, but the only photo from today was one of my own rear end. Today was busy. Not just regular busy but non-stop, exhausting, feels so good to finally sit down busy. So busy that I didn't take a picture of anything else despite there being plenty of other, better things on which I could have focused my camera. But every picture tells a story, even if I'm not sure exactly what story this one is trying to tell.
I spent my day at the intermediate school taking care of PTO business. It was our teacher apprecation luncheon today and our amazing parents stepped up and volunteered to bring all the potluck items! All I needed to do was be there to organize things as they came in and do a little decorating in the teacher's lounge. We went with a rustic/simple theme and used kraft paper for tablecloths and black burlap as runners on each table. Mason jar vases holding autumn floral arrangements served as centerpieces.
We're also gearing up for our annual talent show so I wanted to visit each classroom to talk with the students about auditions and get them thinking about if they even want to be in the show and what talent they could share. The almost universal response to my "I'm here to talk about the talent show" opening line was one of excitement so I'm feeling optimistic about the whole thing. I answered so many questions from the fourth and fifth graders today. In case you're wondering, no matter how good you are, playing video games is not a talent we'll be showcasing in our event.
In the middle of the day I had about an hour of time where I could leave the school and focus on something not PTO. I figured this would be the perfect time to head to MPF (the military personnel flight) to follow up with the folks there regarding Madison's travel arrangements for over the Christmas break. You see, the military pays for one round trip from her school to Jared's assigned base each year. But it's not as easy as just booking a flight and submitting a reciepts. There's a bunch of bureacratic hoops to jump through and red tape to navigate past. I finally checked all the boxes on their list - letter from her school certifiying she's attending full time, her passport information, a copy of Jared's orders that brought us to Lakenheath, a four leaf clover, and the tears of a baby unicorn collected on the night of a full moon - now we're just waiting on them to do their side things. Namely, issue travel orders. We need them so that TMO (transportation management office) will book the flight which at this point is only reserved. So I drove over, parked, and walked up the stairs to MPF to find their door shut, the lights off, and a sign stating they were closed for training today. Training?!? Right before a four day weekend? I'm suspicious.
Unexpected free time in the middle of a day that was supposed to be packed? Seemed like a perfect opportunity to look for some long sleeved shirts for Natalie who just this morning informed me that she has only one winter shirt. The sweet kid keeps growing! It seems as if every morning she comes out of her room dressed for the day and I send her back in to change because her clothes are too small all of the sudden. Finding shirts was easy, thanks to well-stocked clearance racks, so there was still time to kill.
That's where today's photo comes in. The BX usually has the same stuff, at least as far as denim is concerned. They carry Michael Kors, Vince Camuto, Calvin Klein, Lucky, Silver, Levis, and their store brand. I'm a little picky about my jeans and of all those brands only Lucky jeans work for my body. I love Luckys but they are pricey so I don't buy new jeans very often. I'm currently rotating between two pairs. Imagine my surprise when I spied a new clothing brand smack dab in the middle of the misses section! I grabbed a couple of pairs off the display table and headed to the fitting room. My biggest requirement for demin is that it be flattering to my um . . . . assets. But those little dressing room mirrors are the worst so I resorted to taking selfies of my behind to see if these jeans would make the cut. They did and I happily bought two pairs in different washes. I'm excited to have more than two pairs of jeans again. That's how today's photo came to be! p.s. What's your favorite place to find jeans?

I too am rotating between 2 pairs of jeans!
ReplyDeleteDo I need to send you some jeans?
Delete