Happy Mail

Because of a handy dandy email notification service, I always know when there's a package waiting for us at the post office. In the past when we've lived overseas that was not the case. Instead, we'd just be surprised by a little yellow slip of paper in our mailbox anytime there was a package waiting. We'd then take that slip to the pickup window and collect our packages. I can tell you from years of experience that it's really disappointing to go to the post office hoping for a package and finding an empty mailbox instead. It's so much better now that I get an email notifying me that we have a package waiting at the post office - there's no more disappointment. 

Two emails came my way today so I drove to the base to pick them up. After a four-day weekend, the line for package pickup was insane and I was waiting for at least thirty minutes. The line stretched the full length of the post office and then wrapped around and doubled back on itself. Package number one was not the happy mail. It was just a box of 1,000 small brown paper bags that I'd ordered for popcorn at Natalie's school. I mean, it's good they arrived, but not super exciting. Package number two was the happy mail!



And inside the package was this little box of sunshine that Becca and Louis sent to us! It was the perfect thing to brighten up a damp, grey British day. The reason for sending this box to us was to give us an old hymnbook and Primary songbook that Louis' grandmother was getting rid of. Jared loves old books, especially old church books, so those were a great gift all by themselves. But then they went the extra mile and filled the rest of the box with fun yellow things to bring sunshine to our lives. There was some fabric, some mini chocolate chips (they've been out of them at the commissary for months), a scented candle, a can of hot chocolate mix, and enough face masks for us to have a spa day. What a sweet surprise from my littlest sister and her family. Becca is such an example of love and service; I want to be more like her!
SaveSave

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. They only sent five face masks - one for each of the kids currently living at home and one for me. Sorry babe!

      Delete
  2. Too bad! Jared could use a face mask...treatment! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, he certainly deserves to be pampered. He works so hard to take care of us all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades