My Love Language

The photos I took today definitely have a theme and that theme is food. Honestly, food may be my love language. I'm kind of in love with food and cooking and one main way I like to show my love is through food.  Food brings people together while it nourishes them. When life is at it's craziest, sometimes bringing someone a meal is the best thing you can do. It shows you care in a very tangible way. Some of my favorite meals have been the ones that have been brought to our home after each of the girls was born. I still remember eating the most amazing chicken noodle soup of my life (homemade noodles!) while holding a newborn Emily. So if I make you food or invite you over for a meal it's because I love you and want you to feel that love. 


Natalie wanted pizza for lunch today. But not the pizza that was on the menu in the cafeteria, she wanted to redeem the Book It coupon she'd received for reaching her reading goal. She had it all planned out. I was to go to Pizza Hut at 11:30 and pick up a personal pan pizza. Then I would drive to her school and wait outside the cafeteria for her walk in with her class. She'd grab the pizza from me and be the envy of the lunchroom! I wasn't so sure about this plan, mostly because I wasn't confident that I'd remember to pick up the pizza once I got started with my day. I suggested she pack extra fruits and vegetables just in case I forgot. Well, I didn't totally forget, but I also didn't remember until this afternoon around 2:00. I drove to the school and picked Natalie up a little early so we could head over to Pizza Hut and get her cheese pizza. I'm grateful she's such a sweet and forgiving young lady. 


I made this beautiful loaf of bread today (and one other just like it) and I'm pretty impressed with myself. Trying new recipes and then having them turn out as perfect as this makes me feel like a kitchen goddess. This bread has this crunchy crusty outside and a deliciously chewy inside. We had half of a loaf with our dinner and the rest of the bread was cut into cubes for stuffing on Thanksgiving.


This bowl of cubed bread makes me nostalgic for my childhood. I can remember my mom cutting up bread for stuffing a few days before Thanskgiving. Those cubes of bread would always live in a big metal bowl on top of the refrigerator until it was time to make the stuffing. Now I've got a big metal bowl of bread cubes on top of my fridge getting all dried out and so they'll be ready for Thursday. I'm turning into my mom; good thing she's a great person and an amazing cook.


Our home teacher, Brother Moody, is the best. We didn't have home teachers for a while after we moved here and we missed it. We're grateful to have home teachers again and we're grateful that Brother Moody is so thoughtful. He called this afternoon to see when would be a good time to drop off a cake for Emily's birthday. He stopped by on Halloween with goody bags for the kids. He always brings brownies or some other treat when he comes to visit. And he and Brother James visit faithfully. I told Jared today that even though Brother Moody is quiet and doesn't talk much, I know he'll be there for us if we need help and that's kind of awesome. Why do I know that? Because he speaks to me in the universal language of love - food!
SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades