Sisters
Strangely enough, Black Friday is a thing in the UK too. I guess they've adopted some of our American ways. I did a little research to satisfy my curiosity about how this very American day crossed over the pond. Black Friday started here as an online Amazon event in 2010. It wasn't until 2013 that brick and mortar retailers jumped on the bandwagon. So it's still a relatively new event for British shoppers. But today wasn't a day filled with shopping for us as I'm much more likely to shop online than to line up early in the morning for the chance at a good deal.
Instead, we had plans to head over to a friend's house today to help them do some cleaning. They're getting ready for a move and have an infant so extra hands are always a good thing. Since we make five extra sets of hands we were able to accomplish a lot in just a couple of hours. Emily scrubbed the kitchen, everybody washed walls and baseboards, and Samantha and I shared the vacuuming and mopping duties. I have to say, I'd much rather spend the day after Thanksgiving helping someone out than going shopping.
I have this great group shot since I can't take out my phone to take a picture of some of the girls without the rest of them wanting their picture taken as well.
Sisterly love is sometimes missing from our life here at the Moran house, but today was a day filled with kindness and affection. What blessed girls they all are to have each other to lean on, to learn from, to grow with, and to love.
Comments
Post a Comment