Jared
This Christmas will be different because Jared won't be here with us. It's the only time he's not been home on Christmas morning during our marriage. That's not the norm for most military families, particularly not families of cops who have been in the military for twenty-one years. I was talking about it with a friend today and I realized that he's only missed two anniversaries, my birthday once, and three kid's birthdays in all those years. We've been blessed to be together as a family for almost every important day. Since Christmas is traditionally a time for families to be together, not apart, I'm finding myself thinking of Jared even more than usual. Specifically, I've been thinking about all the things that make Jared the best husband ever.
I'm particularly grateful for Jared because of his patient and gentle temperament. He's not mean, harsh, or short-tempered at home even though he's this tough, alpha male, law enforcement, blade hand wielding guy at work. And then he'll come home and is the kind of guy who set an alarm on his phone so he won't forget to ask me how he can help out around the house. He's truly willing to do whatever it takes to make me feel loved. I kind of hit the jackpot with Jared.
Jared challenges me spiritually and encourages me to be the best version of myself. For over twenty years I've been trying to be as good a person as Jared seems to think I am. I love hearing his perspective on the gospel and learning from his experiences. He's solid and grounded and smart. He's always striving to be a better man, even on the days when I fail to be a better woman. Jared has forced me to grow and given me confidence in my testimony and courage to trust in the Lord.
Right from the start of our marriage Jared has protected me and protected our family. Jared is strong. Stronger than I've ever been. He takes on the world every day so I don't have to, which means more to me than almost anything else because the world is so often too harsh for me. He works hard so that we can have a happy and comfortable life. When we were first married that meant loading bags of dog food and fertilizer in cars at IFA during the day and then going to Subway and making sandwiches at night. For almost twenty-one years now it's been doing whatever the Air Force asks of him.
This week he found out that it's not just me and the girls who think Jared is amazing. He's been named the Security Forces Support Staff Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year for the ENTIRE AIR FORCE!!! He was crying when he told me and then I was crying. While I want to say that this is award is kind of a big deal, it's actually way more than a big deal. It means that out of all the Master Sergeants and Senior Master Sergeants in the United States Air Force, Jared has been recognized as the best of the best.
I'm particularly grateful for Jared because of his patient and gentle temperament. He's not mean, harsh, or short-tempered at home even though he's this tough, alpha male, law enforcement, blade hand wielding guy at work. And then he'll come home and is the kind of guy who set an alarm on his phone so he won't forget to ask me how he can help out around the house. He's truly willing to do whatever it takes to make me feel loved. I kind of hit the jackpot with Jared.
Jared challenges me spiritually and encourages me to be the best version of myself. For over twenty years I've been trying to be as good a person as Jared seems to think I am. I love hearing his perspective on the gospel and learning from his experiences. He's solid and grounded and smart. He's always striving to be a better man, even on the days when I fail to be a better woman. Jared has forced me to grow and given me confidence in my testimony and courage to trust in the Lord.
This week he found out that it's not just me and the girls who think Jared is amazing. He's been named the Security Forces Support Staff Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year for the ENTIRE AIR FORCE!!! He was crying when he told me and then I was crying. While I want to say that this is award is kind of a big deal, it's actually way more than a big deal. It means that out of all the Master Sergeants and Senior Master Sergeants in the United States Air Force, Jared has been recognized as the best of the best.
Congratulations! That is awesome and well deserved.
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! I’m not surprised as we’ve always known he’s the best of the best!
ReplyDeleteHow freaking awesome is that? Congratulations!!🎉🎊
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! Congratulations to Jared on being the best SNCO, husband, and father.
ReplyDelete