'Tis the Season

The last couple of months of the year feel like baking season. It's certainly a time when I stock up on ingredients for baking. We always have the basics for chocolate chip cookies on hand, but this time of year I try to make sure we have the ability to make all our favorite treats and try every single new recipe we come across. So we've got all the varieties of chocolate chips and other cookie mix-ins, whole and chopped nuts, plenty of sugar and flour, and assorted extracts and flavorings.

Yesterday was our ward's Relief Society Christmas party and I had signed up to bring a dessert to share. I have a little bit of a potluck problem. I always want whatever I make to be the thing people just rave about. The dish that is sitting empty within ten minutes. The one thing that people are disappointed there wasn't more of. The dish that has everyone asking for the recipe. It's a total prideful fault of mine and it leads me to spend way too much time deciding what to make and then preparing my dish. For this little party I went with these Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Blossom Cookies, from the one and only Mel.  Chocolate and mint are a no-fail combo in my book so for once I didn't chose my potluck contribution based on the dish's impressiveness - I just chose what I most wanted to eat. 



The cookies were easy to make and had just a touch of mint, especially the ones with the candy cane kisses on top. Those little candies were the only things holding me back from even trying the recipe because I do not like them on their own, but they were the perfect compliment to these fudgy chocolate cookies.  My cookies didn't turn out nearly as crinkly looking as the ones in the original post but they were still yummy. I would totally make them again but Abigail and I are the only ones in the house who love chocolate and mint so these might just stay potluck cookies. 

These cookies kind of kicked off our holiday baking around here and now I want to make (and eat) all the things. It's a wonderful and potentially dangerous time of year. What's your favorite holiday thing to make? Send me the recipe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades