Conference Sunday
Another conference has come and gone and it was glorious! The choir was so beautiful Abigail was CRYING and has decided that she wants to grow up, move to Utah, and sing with the choir. Since conference doesn’t start here until late we slept in this morning. I woke up about an hour before everyone else and I think we were all up and moving by 1030? It rained pretty much all day today. We did some laundry and hung it outside in the balcony and all over the kitchen. I’m sure it will be dry by the time we fly home on Wednesday.
Jared and I left the girls at the apartment and took a little drive to the marina to explore. Later this week we plan to go on a boat tour to some of the cliffside caves and dolphin watching. We wanted to scope out the area first so we’d know where to park, find the boats, etc later this week. The whole area felt weirdly empty when we were driving around. I don’t know if it was because it’s Sunday or because it was raining. Maybe both? Lots of the stores we drove by on the way were closed as well so I think things just shut down a little on Sundays here.
We followed the sign to a local beach before we headed back to the apartment and were blessed with a break from the rain and the beach entirely to ourselves. First we walked along the cliff tops above the beach. We were both slipping and sliding around in the mud up there but it was fun to explore together. Then we found an actual paved path that went down to the beach. It was so beautiful. And dad, who doesn’t like beaches or taking pictures, was the first to suggest that we get a couple of pictures! I think cloudy, cool, deserted beaches are his type of beaches.
This afternoon we watched Aquaman before Conference, just to break up the spiritual feast a little. In between sessions, we played cards, called Madison, and ate pizza. It was a really great day. I know we wasted a day here in Portugal by just sleeping in, sitting around, watching Conference, and playing cards but it was pretty wonderful to be together with nothing on the agenda besides learning more about the gospel. It was such a sweet way to spend the day.




Comments
Post a Comment