Chief Moran!
Something exciting happened yesterday - Jared found out he was selected for promotion to Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force!
Luckily enough, I was actually there when the Wing Commander, Command Chief, Group Commander, Group Chief, and all the Chiefs on the entire base came to deliver the good news. The squadron was holding a chili cookoff and I'd just dropped off our entry for the competition - which did not take first place, but you can't win them all - and were sampling the different chilis when the door opened, the entire room came to attention, and Colonel Marshall congratulated Chief Master Sergeant Jared Moran on his promotion.
It was kind of crazy. We knew the official release date for promotion was set for November 25th so it was likely that Jared would hear if he'd made it sometime this week. That's because the results are sent to base and squadron commanders a week early and the information just leaks out. Someone tells their friend, who tells their friend . . . . I was just hoping we'd know by Friday and Jared was thinking it would be more like Tuesday morning or Monday at the close of business. Well, the base here decided to notify people as soon as they got the official list yesterday around 2:30. All the VIPs at the base got on a party bus and then started making their rounds. They'd find the new Chief selectees, congratulate them, and have them join everybody else on the bus.
Jared had time to give me a quick kiss (sorry Air Force, for the PDA) and then he was out the door and on the bus. Thankfully his group Chief told me they were headed to the club for a reception and that I should meet them there. I stuck around a little while longer so I could finish my chili and then I drove over to the club. They took a bunch of official photos - all the newly selected chiefs, all the newly selected chiefs with the base leadership team, the newly selected chiefs with their group leadership, and with their squadron leadership. Then it was drinking and socializing in the Lib Club bar, courtesy of the wing commander.
This promotion is a big deal and the last one Jared will receive in the Air Force. Chief Master Sergeant is the highest enlisted rank and the competition for Chief promotion is really tight due to the fact that only one percent of the enlisted force can hold the grade of Chief Master Sergeant at any one time. We're so happy for Jared and this next step in his Air Force career. He works hard and is passionate about making a difference and is constantly striving for excellence.

I promptly gave the bottle of champagne away!
ReplyDeleteLove ya babe!
Jared
Jared is awesome and totally deserving of this!!
ReplyDelete