Ministering Monday
Every Monday for the last month or so I've been sending out a weekly ministering message to the women in our ward. My goal is to give everybody one simple, actionable thing they can do to minister to the women around them. Here's today's message:
1 Peter 4:10 teaches us that, "As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." I love this verse and the reminder that when we receive a gift from God we should share that gift with those we minister to. Often when I'm reading the scriptures or studying a conference talk, something will stand out to me or will be an answer to a question that has been on my mind. Those moments of personal revelation are definitely a gift in my life.
This week as you're studying, pray beforehand with your ministering sisters in mind. Then as you're thinking about and pondering the things you've read see if anything stands out to you. If so, send it to your ministering sisters! This doesn't have to be a long testimony or anything like that. Just a quick text, email, or phone call with the link or phrase. You could say something like, "Hope you're having a great week, I'm thinking of you!" or "I really needed this today and thought you might too!"
Unless they tell you, there is no way to know if it will bless their day or not, but it never hurts to send the message along. Maybe it will be just a casual text in their day but maybe it will be exactly what they needed to feel loved.

Comments
Post a Comment