Funny - Family Connections Experiment

When was the hardest you ever laughed? Write down the jokes you tell, don’t forget the punch line! Who is the funniest person you know? Why? 

Today's questions are kind of tricky for me. I'm not a person who makes laughter a priority and I've always been a more on the quiet side of the personality spectrum. I was never anywhere close to being a class clown. Despite that, I like spending time with people who make me laugh, I enjoy comedies on TV and in movies, and sometimes I even manage to be funny. 

I love puns and witty wordplay. Anything that mixes up words in a humorous way is funny to me. Every time I've seen this one it's made me laugh because dad jokes are my kind of jokes. 




And I'm sorry everyone, but farts are always funny. I know this is generally a type of humor reserved for teenaged boys and I can't help it. I wish I was more mature. Whoopie cushions aren't funny though, that's just mean. 

I also really enjoy jokes that are based on what's happening in the world right now. The neverending supply of coronavirus memes is an example of things that make me laugh lately. 





When I was younger, my older sister Charissa could make me laugh like no one else. We had assigned seats at the dinner table growing up and for a long time the two of us sat across from each other. Many Sundays during our teenage years something would strike one of us as funny and the other would start laughing. It got to the point that most Sundays one of us would have to be asked to be excused to use the bathroom while struggling to speak through the laughter. We also shared a room for most of our lives growing up and we like to rearrange the furniture. That's a habit I've carried on into my adult life actually. I love changing a room around. Have you ever tried to move a piece of heavy furniture while you're laughing? It's nearly impossible. I swear, every time Charissa and I would lift the heaviest item in the room we'd look at each other and just bust out laughing. 



These days, Jared is the person who makes me laugh more than anyone else. I love that he's funny. It's a good balance for my more serious tendencies. Jared is getting better at the serious side of life, but in general, he likes to make people laugh. Especially when things are tense he really needs to get that laugh. Dude, I'm trying to be angry at you, quit making me laugh! But really, I'm grateful for his ability to lighten the mood and help me take life less seriously because I need that in my life. 


Sometimes, usually when I'm very tired, I just get super silly and everything makes me laugh to the point that I can barely breathe. Words sound funny, ideas hit me in a different way, and even my body feels weird (like my body awareness is all messed up and my head feels enormous while the rest of me feels itty bitty) and I just can't stop laughing because any and all of these things are suddenly the funniest things ever. This normally happens when we've been up way too late and we finally head to bed for the night and Jared just wants to sleep but instead, he's got me next to him, laughing until I'm crying for no reason at all. On nights like those, Jared's the person helping me to calm down, which is the opposite of how we usually do things. 



Comments

  1. Hey hey lady! I absolutely love you! You made me laugh all the time! I absolutely miss you! So bummed we lost contact. I would love to catch up.

    Thelightofchristphotography.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades