Be Brave, Do Good, Stay You

I got a letter from Jared today. He can send letters to us by free mail no stamps or anything! He just writes free mail where a stamp would go and it is sent off. Granted it takes a long while for the letters to make it to their addressee as this card was postmarked October 18th. I don't know where he found this beautiful handmade card, but I love it and it was just such a sweet surprise to get a little note from him today. It was also a good reminder that I need to write him a letter sometime soon. Jared has been taking the time to write to each of us individually while he's been gone but I haven't written him a letter back yet. What kind of wife even am I? 


We must have talked before he wrote the letter and it sounds as if I was feeling like a failure. Most of the time I'm doing alright with Jared being gone, but every so often life hits me hard and I feel everything piling up. I don't even remember specifically what was bugging me in mid-October anymore, which just goes to show that the things that weigh on me day to day don't usually matter in the long run. Jared has a gift of knowing what I need to hear and even though I'm not feeling the way I was that October day when I shared my frustrations I love the closing words of his letter. "I have your back. So does the Lord. He knows you've got this. Thanks for being so great. I love you even if you fail." I think Be Brave, Do Good, and Stay You is going to be my own personal motto for the rest of the time Jared's away. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades