Gratitude
Today Natalie, Samantha, and I all spoke in sacrament meeting and we all spoke on the same topic - gratitude. Natalie is not even a little bit comfortable with public speaking. In our last ward a member of the bishopric called and asked to speak with Natalie so I passed her the phone assuming he was going to ask her to speak in sacrament meeting. When she came back from that phone call and I asked her what the call was about she said she'd been asked to speak. I probably responded by saying something like, "How exciting! When are you speaking?" and she told me that she'd said NO. Can you believe that?
![]() |
| Photo Credit https://ldssotd.com/ |
When we were asked to speak this time I accepted the assignment on Natalie's behalf and she's been salty with me about it all week long. Today was the day she's been dreading and I just don't even know why because she rocked it! She was such a good youth speaker for our sacrament meeting. She wrote a decent talk (with a little editing help from Jared) and delivered it today like a pro. She didn't talk too fast (but Samantha and I sure did), she looked up from her notes frequently, she was calm and in control of her emotions (unlike me). Seriously, we all need to talk public speaking notes from Natalie. I was so impressed with her today and so happy that she finally ripped the giving a talk in church bandaid off. My hope is that now that she's done it she'll realize that it's not so scary. Go Natalie!!

You always did have it within you!!! Love you Grandmom
ReplyDelete