Selfies

This is the only picture I took today. I was sitting at a red light and realized the light was pretty sweet for a selfie. So the picture happened and so did watching the light for the change from red to green. Why am I wearing a mask in my own car? Because I was in a hurry and was driving a couple of minutes down the road so I decided to keep it on instead of taking the mask off only to put it back on again in two minutes. I always feel kind of silly when I take a selfie. It's okay if it's a group photo because then it's an ussie, but a selfie seems super narcissistic and like a sign of insecurity. Having a camera (and a computer and a phone and a calculator and many, many other things) in my pocket makes it easy to snap quick pictures of anything and everything. However, the ability to do something doesn't equal the need to do that thing. There are definitely downsides to phones and I think that maybe selfies are one of them. I feel like they make it too much about you instead of things outside yourself.  I need to be better about flipping my camera around and focusing my phone and my attention on what's happening around me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades