Healing
On Sundays, our family studies a talk from the most recent General Conference for our family scripture study. This week we read and discussed Sister Wright's talk Christ Heals That Which is Broken. She talked about how Jesus Christ can help us heal our relationships with God, with each other, and with ourselves.
It was perfectly timed because I had just shared with Larisa in a text that "I don't feel quite so broken, but I'm not all the way whole either". So often, life knocks me down and leaves me feeling like that. Not exactly broken, but not as unbroken as I'd like to be. Learning how to get back up and put the pieces together again and being okay with things looking differently than I thought they would has been an important lesson that I wish I didn't have to learn.
At the beginning of her talk, she said that our lives cannot "be understood by one magnificent moment or one regrettable public disappointment." I think this is where I get caught up - in thinking that it's all or nothing. Either I'm perfectly perfect and my life is too, or I'm forever trying and failing to be the person God wants me to be. When I feel the second way, it can be hard to want to keep trying. What's the point when I keep making the same dumb mistakes? What I'm trying to get deep down in my heart is that the little daily efforts, even the imperfect ones, count as much to God as those magnificent moments.
She said, "My dear friends, we all have something in our lives that is broken that needs to be mended, fixed, or healed. As we turn to the Savior, as we align our hearts and minds with Him, as we repent, He comes to us “with healing in his wings.” He can fix the little things that feel unfair or imperfect. He can fix the big things too. He loves me and because He loves me, everything that matters to me, that makes me feel broken, matters to Him. I'm a work in progress friends, and I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ who loves me and is waiting for me to turn to Him so I can change, be healed, and feel more whole.
Comments
Post a Comment