Six Year Blogiversary
Can you believe it's been six years since I started this little blog? The time really has flown by for our family. Initially I started this as a way to keep our family and friends in the States up to date on our life in Germany. We had a couple of family members and friends with blogs and I really liked the idea of having a place to have a family journal of sorts online so I decided to give it a try. I don't know how much everyone out there cares about our blog or the mundane things our family is up to, but it's been so great for me to have a place to write, share, and remember. I love going back and reading about the everyday things that sometimes get lost along the way. Everyone remembers the big events - vacations, birthdays, holidays - but it's those little day to day adventures that get lost in time. I thought I'd just share some statistics today as a way to look back over the last six years.
- 17,788 pageviews - mostly from IP addresses in the US, but Germany and the rest of Europe are well represented. Thanks 49 random people in the Czech Republic!
- 490 posts (okay that number really surprised me! I've been a busy blogging bee)
And now for the top ten posts of all time. Oooh, exciting!
- This post from 2010 about Natalie eating the entire inside of a loaf of homemade bread and leaving the crust behind. Sneaky little kid = lots of blog traffic?
- A glimpse into a day in the life of a primary nursery leader in 2012 and what she wears to church. Playing on the floor takes a special kind of church clothes!
- In 2014 I guess everyone was curious to see what our new home looks like, because this post quickly shot to the number three all time most viewed post.
- A recap of my first experience running a half marathon in 2013. It was long and there weren't even any pictures, but it was a special experience for me and I really appreciate how many people took the time to read it.
- This tricky post from 2014, with a title that probably made everyone think we were expecting a baby! Every time I sew something, I think again how grateful I am to my secret santa for such an amazing gift.
- Reading the post about Samantha's baptism in 2013 still makes me teary eyed.
- Germany before and after from the summer of 2014 and trying to put into words just what we were going to miss about Germany and why we loved our time there so much. Man, was that one a difficult post to write.
- Natalie was so excited to finish up her Kindergarten years in 2013 and move on to Grundschule! It was definitely the end of an era for our family - all five girls were in school all day every day for the first ever.
- The Venice travel log from early last year. Such a great day in a truly amazing city; I think we'd all love to go back someday soon!
- It might be number 10, but it's definitely one of my favorites because it shows how wonderfully perfect Jared is and how in both big and small ways he is my knight in shining armor. Not every man would drive all night through three countries because his wife failed to have a back up plan.
There you have it - six year of blogging summarized in one post. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and comment (because I really love comments) on our blog!

We love you, Sarah. Here's to many more years of Moran Family Fun!
ReplyDelete